Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A volcano outside my window...




Tonight I realized that this is outside my bedroom window...
My family didn't even know it!!  It was funny that I introduced it to them at their own home. My cousin said this volcano is in Antigua, old Guatemala.  

I'm adjusting well.

This past weekend I got to spend some time with my younger cousin Ines and her friends at the beach Montericco.  They were all very nice and funny people.  We celebrated 2 sisters that shared the exact same birthday...so cool for them!  One of them has actually been to California 4 times!  I had a relaxing time, but I also felt like I made myself very distant from the "party".  A bit of homesickness set in.  I tried to be myself and be open but the language barrier got to me.  I was nervous and didn't even want to try... But I really tried to make the best of it.  I always appreciate alone time when I have it. 

 I spent my first Sunday away looking at this at 8 in the morning.


Everyone was still sleeping as I took my ipod, book and journal out to the lounge chair.  I felt as if my worship and the music in my ears was filling the entire seaside and beyond.  

Emmaus was with me.  
He is with me everywhere. 

I really feel that being away is revealing so much more to me about my relationship with God.  Distractions are gone (at least at that exact moment they were).  I had some great time of reflection and was overwhelmed with the thankfulness of my family and community in Lincoln, CA.  I love you all more than I will ever be able to express.  My heart burns for your relationships all the way out here in Guatemala.  Love you :)

More pics of the weekend:

for my fellow volleyball players 


I would wear this dress all the time if I could....
 apparently I can :o)


my beautiful cousin Ines

I think I am really a fish.





1 comment: