Friday, August 6, 2010

coffee & chai


My life in the past few years is something I can't even believe I have lived, endured. I wonder what it looks like from an outsider looking in? I always feel like the foreigner dreaming about others adventures to new lands and places. I'm always wanting more, something new, a spontaneous moment to run after full of verve, intensity, riskiness, uncertainty and laughter. A life that brings beauty through each moment when I meet it. I want challenges that face and tempt me with it's colors, smells, touch, sounds, and oh so many flavors. Somewheres and some-ones among my streets, up the hill through the winding way, below or above, or across the sea are all in sight of what I want to greet. Often I wait for it all to come to me. I say it will someday. I say soon after the loneliness passes I will find my comfort there... but I am there. In this moment I am living it. This is the life that is filling my soul with many emotions that make the heart tingle and my lips slide up to show some white, uneven teeth. The bits I've pursued and achieved will never leave my mind, nor will they ever stop being told or heard. The years have brought pain that I've dwelled in countless times. The years have revealed strengths and growth por cada dia. The years have brought me much pleasure through people whom I call friends. I continue to invite them. I invite them to realize where they are and where they want to go. I invite them to journey with me. Let our minds carry on and dream about these places and feelings, but know that this moment, this very moment is a part of that dream. We are living it.

My heart feels this way and I don't think it will ever come to a halt. I'm ready to live now and I'm ready to live later. Let's live together and share our story. You have a cup of coffee and perhaps I'll have one too, but more than likely it will be my chai tea.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in. Well done! Right here, right now: the only place we can ever experience the presence of God. We're so glad to be sharing the journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend... I can't wait to be hang-out friends, but I treasure how we have grown together and come to know each other through distance. What a gift. The now AND the later! (Not to mention the Back Then!!)

    ReplyDelete