Monday, October 26, 2009

Mi Cumpleanos!! Tengo 24 anos!! :)


I had an absolutely marvelous 24th birthday here in Guatemala. Yeah, I am 24..... I woke up to hugs and kisses, fresh papaya, watermelon, strawberries, pancakes and bananas for breakfast! My tia (aunt) knows that breakfast is my favorite meal and made it deliciously with love :) My cousin Hilda made fresh banana shakes, too! They must know that to win my heart is through bananas! I love anything with bananas, for the most part... We all gathered with our bed head and devoured the yummy food.
After breakfast and getting ready for the day, my cousins surprised me with a balloon bouquet of flowers!! My cousin Flor is training to be clown :) This has been something she has wanted to do as a hobby ever since she was inspired by the movie Patch Adams with Robin Williams. I have never seen the movie, but he was a medical student who used humor to help heal patients. She has been visiting cancer children in the hospital and has learned to make them really cute things out of balloons. I was the first balloon bouquet and she did awesome! So thoughtful.
The plan for the day was to go to La Montana (The Mountain). It's a big clubhouse with beautiful, green gardens, basketball, volleyball, soccer, indoor gym, pools, bad-mitten, ping pong, restaurants, and lots of little fun things to do. My family gathered there for the day to celebrate my special day. I had such a great time visiting and being active!! I got my volleyball fix in, too! :) Although I was not with my immediate family, I knew they were thinking of me :)
My mommy "sent" me a cake all the way from California, so they said. Well, not really for all you gullible people like me ;o) But she did choose what kind!! We both love Fresas con Crema (Strawberries and Creme)!!
Much laughter, food and family. We were all pretty tired when we came home and were ready to relax. I ended my peaceful day with tons of birthday wishes from family and friends on my computer. But I think the best part of my day was receiving the most beautiful, funniest Happy Birthday song from the most amazing friends in the entire world. You made me cry like a baby and made my day complete.

Here's to another year :)

One of the best birthday gifts ever:






Look how cute this is!


Flor,
My clown

My wonderful family

My tio Fito (my mom's brother)
He is a clown himself!



I loved these trees.

Intense game of foosball!!

Hilda & her boyfriend

Cousins Ines & Gustavo

Nice form!
Who knew you could actually break a sweat in ping pong?
:)


My beautiful tia Cidia

This one is for my mommy.


View of the city from our table


Thank you, Mommy!


I think it's hilarious that it says "23".
Apparently the store didn't have a "24" so there is one
extra candle behind to make up for it :)


Tradition is to cut the first piece.

Eucalyptus!!


Swing life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment