Monday, October 26, 2009

Sharing Life.

It's such a cool thing to find out people's stories, their lives. I love getting to know what makes their eyes light up. Giving of our time seems to be such a rarity in our own chaos now days, so I never want to take moments of sharing life for granted. I want to go into each opportunity expecting the best. Praying to be open and aware of His voice and presence. Live in the moment. I have this attitude a lot of the time, which I know is simply a gift, but I do have a problem with the actions that go along with this state of mind. I smile write now as I write this because I have a feeling of hope and grace that is reigning over me. I am discovering who I was created to be and through my hesitancy He never gives up on me when I do. I can only do it one day at a time. I can get to know you. I can love you. I want to. Give me time.

Let's share life together.


I have been able to have some one-on-one time with a few of my cousins. They have invited me to see a glimpse of their lives. At the beginning of the month, my cousin Hilda took me on a day trip with her Ecology class from the university. They had a project of doing inventory on trees in a preserved area about 15 minutes above the city, which also involved some hiking!! :) I could not believe that this area stood so closely to the honking of horns, bus loads of people and sidewalks filled with businesses. We arrived early morning at the time when life was starting to happen. Being outdoors is one of my most favorite things to do and my cousins as well. She loves nature and animals and is working very hard to have a career in this field. This is a piece of her life that makes her shine. I just wanted to share some more beautiful pictures of Guatemala.






My gorgeous cousin Hilda


Beyond this tree is the morning horizon of the city.


A fun friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment